Posthumous webpage created by Françoise Cornu as a tribute to her former thesis advisor.
For any contribution to the wikipedia page about Janco that will soon be created (written testimony or oral testimony to be recorded, photographs, scan of documents, books references…), please send an email to the conference address: analytstatphys[at]th.u-psud.frwith the object field starting with “Janco wiki page”.
Pour toute contribution à la page wikipedia consacrée à Janco qui sera bientôt créée (témoignage écrit ou oral à enregistrer, photographie, scan de documents, références de livres ou de sites…), veuillez envoyer un courriel à l'adresse de la conférence : analytstatphys[at]th.u-psud.fren commençant la rubrique objet par “Janco wiki page”.
The contribution may contain information about Janco or the institutions and teaching structures which played a role in his scientific and professorial career, such as
- École Normale Supérieure, where he was a student from 1949 to 1953
- Laboratoire de Physique de l'École Normale Supérieure before, during and just after the Second World War
- Groupe de Physique Théorique created in the above laboratory by Prof. Maurice Lévy in 1952, where Janco started his research career
- Wigner's group at Princeton University where he stayed in 1953-1954
- CNRS from its creation in 1939 to the sixties, where he entered in 1954
- Maison franco-japonaise in Tokyo, where he stayed in 1959
- Yeshiva University where he might have stayed in the fifties
- Faculté des Sciences de Paris where he got an assistant professor position in 1962
- Faculté des Sciences d'Orsay (later Université de Paris-Sud) where he got his next position as an assistant professor
- Laboratoire de Physique Théorique et Hautes Énergies created in 1952 in Paris and then transfered to Orsay
- École de Physique des Houches, which he attended in 1957
- École de Cargèse, the creation of which he took part in 1958
- Institut Paul Langevin, where he spent the university year 1979-1980
- DEA de Physique Théorique where he taught from the year of its creation in 1954
- Institut Henri Poincaré where he gave lectures
- Magistère de Physique de l'École Normale Supérieure, created by Prof. J.-C Le Guillou in the eighties, where Janco gave statistical physics courses